Saturday, May 1, 2010

Six Word Saturday



To teach is to embrace reflection.


For more Six Word Saturday participants, click here.

And if you are unable to accept criticism - internal and external - and grow from it, then you need another job. If you cannot handle correction while you are teaching, then you do not need to be teaching high school. Sometimes you are the one who is wrong - you need to be able to come and say "Wow, I really blew that one - let's try again."

[See my comment for this to make sense]

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW..
she should not be teaching...
Teachers like that should be locked up...
Great 6WS!
Mine is here
Happy Weekend!
hugs
shakira

Caroline said...

So very true , great six words.
Have a happy 6WS
Caroline

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I agree with you, although I have to admit that sometimes I get a wee bit weary of reflecting...

Pissedoffteacher said...

This is true--you should hear the way some of my colleagues go off when comments are made about soemthing that happened in their classroom.

Olivia said...

Good advice. I kinda miss classroom teaching, but my place is the home school now! Happy teaching and happy 6WS!
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

Mrs. Chili said...

This is going on my wall.

I'm going to write soon at my teacher site about having a TA to mentor. He started last week, and it's been an INCREDIBLE learning experience for both of us.