Friday, May 7, 2010

This and That

I found this really cool site which appears to allow you to create manipulatives for teaching conics. Since that may be on my plate next year, with no money, this was a good find. [and I figured out about doing pictures so I won't be so lame!!]

We are letting 15% of the faculty go in our district in order to meet payroll. You will be happy to know that we will have a new PE teacher transferring in to lead our football team. It is so wonderful to have such priorities in times of need.

I was called in and chewed out today because a student accused me of racism. This is such an easy charge to make and so hard to disprove. What annoys me the most is that thepowersthatbe know that, know me, know the charming individual making the charge - and took the side of the kid. I am trying to remain calm and I know that the kid will get his comeupance at some point.

I wish the economy was better.

Several of my bad boys brought me plants from the greenhouse. I feel loved.

No comments: