Wednesday, May 19, 2010

You think that eventually they would learn

* I have a student who, this semester, has started missing at least one day a week - sometimes more. When she comes, she thinks I need to drop everything and deal with HER. NOW. Today she wanted a question answered. I told her I had answered it the day before and would answer it when I got the class started. So she asked Funsucker - I stopped and said that FS was busy and Late could wait. Late was steamed. Oh, well.

* Wrote a boy up for the 10th time he cut my class. Walked into the class he should have been in (he is on an enforced vacation for a while) and Toady asked where he was. Then Toady said "I know who wrote him up." I replied that I did as well. Toady got snarky "Do you like doing write ups? Do you have a quota?" Since I knew Cutter had discussed the entire episode with Toady (from Cutter's point of view), I asked a question. "If you had cut a class more than twice, and each time the teacher found you and wrote you up, is it smart to continue cutting that class?"

* Toady complained about my not providing him with some supply he felt he deserved. I said I supply paper and golf pencils. He said "So I can take as much paper as I want?" (Can we tell his mother sets no limits?) No. "But I need paper and I can't get to the store." I have him 11 more days.

* Had a girl (who cannot make it to my 1st period class) come to 3rd wanting to take a test from last week. I said - sorry, come to first.

* gave a remedial test. I let them work in groups. I had 70s.

* some of the rest just isn't funny. I need a humor transplant. Next year is beginning to look dire.

No comments: