Sunday, May 30, 2010

My plans for summer

I have one more week. I have to get my junk out of my room and home. I have to give way too many exams because of the way the schedule is done. First the seniors, then everyone else.

But no planning, just grading.

They have either done what they need to or not.

Over the summer, I need to prepare for whatever next year will bring.

* I need to review how to run groups because I think this is important. I have one of Spencer Kagan's books to read.

* I need to review classroom discipline. My biggest challenge was Funsucker because she undermined me. I have asked not to teach with her but I bet I get her anyway. SO, if any of you know books that deal with this, bring it on! I am thinking parenting books where one parent plays against the other may be effective as well. The good news is I can make her pout (and then she leaves or sits in the back for 20 minutes) and I have no problem causing this to happen.

* It is time to watch Nanny McPhee again. Hmmm?

* I really want to work on organization and grading to a standards based class. f(t) has done a great job pulling that together.

* I want to do more about sharing. If you go here I will be uploading things I have created or found along the way that might help. If you want to participate in sharing, let me know ricochet04@gmail.com.

* And books. I want to clean house, play, and read.....

1 comment:

said...

If you're already reading a Spencer Kagan book, you might want to try Win-Win Discipline to review classroom discipline. It's an interesting concept -- teaching students actual discipline rather than disciplining students.