Thursday, May 13, 2010

Souless Wonders

I teach a group of souless wonders. They are led by an evil queen and they fall under her spell (we don't know why). This is the group that torments the unfortunate (see previous posts - but I don't remember what I called the evil queen. Her object of torment was Sweetie). Yesterday a fight almost happened, in large part because the evil queen and her minions were laughing.

Personally, I think they sold their souls for brains and were shortchanged.

In any case, their laughing (which was for the simple reason that they thought they were going to be entertained with a fight, they didn't care who fought) almost led two kids with too much macho and too little awareness to accommodate them.

Today, Toady wanted to know what the punishments (for the two boys) were. I ignored him. He asked which teachers weren't getting contracts. I ignored him.

Another student called me by the wrong name - then profusely apologized (because it was an accident). Of course, the evil queen and her minions started laughing as soon as the wrong name was spoken. Student said "Ricochet, it was an accident. I didn't mean disrespect." I told him I knew that. That the only disrespect was from the fools who laughed. (and, yes, I said fools)

Surprisingly, they said nothing.

Maybe they have started ignoring me as much as I ignore them.

On a good note, a student who left this class returned to ask for math help. It was so good to see her!!

Some of these kids I will miss.

(Darkling is the name I used for the evil queen and the other [main] jackal is the toady)

No comments: