Tuesday, May 11, 2010

There is no hope

I tutored Teacher Loser's student today. I only call her that because her rationale for dumping HER student on me was that 1) I am already tutoring one of her students because the parents came to school to ask me to and 2) why should she tutor her own student when she could dump another on me?

So, we are doing geometry with circles. I haven't down this in a very long time.

Here are my questions to the student (and her answers)
What is the radius if the diameter is 12? (dumb look)

What is the relationship between a radius and a diameter? (read me the definitions from the book)

[I finally wrote on the board 2r = d and explained what it meant]

If the diameter is 12 what is the radius? (6?)

How do you find the circumference? (dumb look)

What is the formula? (Ms. Loser has it on the wall)

You get the idea. I WAS GOING OVER THE TEST FROM THE UNIT. The kid has a 12. No shit.

This is the teacher quick to accuse us of mollycoddling our students.

No comments: