Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Teach the ones ya got

A wise teacher (I will call him Side Squared because his name is too close)once told me that we are given, not the ones we want. Unless we are THOSE teachers at Pissed Off's school who dump the ones who don't preform, we deal with the kids we are given until they pass or leave.

I dislike some of mine, but I teach them math and try to also teach them things like pulling up their pants or taking their hats off (or listening instead of talking).

I heard a teacher say today that a student was an idiot and couldn't even solve an equation. This after the kid's mom had been complaining to me that the same teacher wouldn't talk to the mom or answer questions.

I didn't put myself in the middle but found myself there.

Well, it inspired me to teach harder and do more.....

1 comment:

Pissedoffteacher said...

I hate it when I hear teachers referring to kids that way. I overheard a bunch of teachers saying some awful things about their students one night at the college. These people don't belong in college but they don't deserve the things that were being said about them either.