Monday, December 27, 2010

For this I burned my bra?

OK, not really, but I put up with a lot of bovine soil enrichment in the fight for sort-of equality and then I read this.

I do realize that in their own Facebook pages by students refer to girls as hos and bitches. And this is both the males and the females doing the referring. I remember objecting to being called a girl. And now, they want to be referred to this way?

What progress.

I watch the blacks refer to themselves as n****s - again, what progress! It is a pregorative - and they embrace it as what you call your friends.

Yep, I could walk up to MY friends and call them hos and bitches. Not if I want to retain their friendship and respect.

I have the kids complain that they have freedom of speech. And I inform them that they don't in a government building.

How do we turn the tide back?

1 comment:

A Phillie Teacher said...

I have hope that by over-using ho' bitch and whatever else will eventually make those expressions meaningless. At last those words will lose their power and we'll be free of them.