Monday, December 13, 2010

Clueless

I have been hammering at the state test since Thanksgiving. I haven't had any tests or quizzes but I have given all kinds of grade-raising stuff - including several that could have been done over the Thanksgiving break.

1) No one did anything over break
2) One person has done all of the stuff
3) Only about a third have done something.

Tomorrow is their final and the day I should maybe see their state scores.

Today I handed out progress reports to REMIND them where their grade is sitting.

One darling said "This grade is unacceptable."

I almost told him I could live with it - because I can. I have offered so many different options. I have even worked out most of this stuff in class. I am not the one who slept in the class. I am not the one who let a month's worth of opportunity slip through my fingers.

I told him find and do some of the stuff I put out there.

Take it seriously or take it again.

2 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Sigh. My misery loves your company. We're talking, at CHS, about how much harder the teachers are working than the kids. My boss and I were considering having a "teen week" where we don't plan lessons, don't come prepared, and put our faces on our desks when THEY'RE talking.

It KILLS me to care more about them than they do.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I agree.