Saturday, December 11, 2010

Merry Christmas!! God Bless us everyone!

We bought gifts for 2 kids for Clark's Christmas Kids. Here is a related article.

Could not find a telescope, but we did buy a bike for one boy and a Vtech laptop of educational games for a little girl. I hope they have a Merry Christmas!

Neal's article points out that Clark's Christmas Kids accounts for 1/2 the toys that Georgia's foster kids get for Christmas. If you choose to donate on Clark's website (first link) the money will be sent to the DFACS nearest you. (Whatever you call your Department of Family Services)

I challenge you to think of a child in foster care for this Christmas or Chanukkah (yes, we just missed it) or Kwanzaa.

5 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

I helped one of my college students pay her tuition. Without the help, she couldn't register for the coming semester. It was a pretty big gift so I am done with charity this year.

Ricochet said...

And I forgot to wish you Happy Chanukkah!!

I gifted my old laptop - not as good as you, Master - but I learn at your feet!

Pissedoffteacher said...

We are all equally good.

Thank you for your wishes.

http://dkzody.wordpress.com said...

We all have so much "stuff" that we don't need any more. I have asked people to give gifts to less fortunate rather than to me and I would do likewise. My mother used to say, "don't give me anything I can't eat or wear, and even then, I don't need much."

http://dkzody.wordpress.com said...

We all have so much "stuff" that we don't need any more. I have asked people to give gifts to less fortunate rather than to me and I would do likewise. My mother used to say, "don't give me anything I can't eat or wear, and even then, I don't need much."