Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Meme

I have never done a meme before but stole this one from Mrs. Chili because of the fruitcake question. She got it from Kwizgiver.


1. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial(the family has allergies to the real thing)

2. Do you like decorating the tree? Absolutely!! (I love the stories with each ornament)

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend.

4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's day with the football games.

5. Do you like eggnog? Not really. But I have some every year. Mr. Ricochet loves it - and peppermint ice cream. (not together)

6. Ever broken a present right after opening it? No.

7 . Hardest person to buy for? Mr. Ricochet. And my mother.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My children. They want it all.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Several. My favorite is German. From my honeymoon.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Late. (We call them Epiphany cards to cover our bases).

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A set of measuring cups from my mother in law the first year I was married. I came to understand later.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Good Life.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I see the RIGHT thing (so all year)

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Duh.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fruit cake, rum balls, cookies, turkey, pigs in blanket Christmas morning, everything.

16. Have you ever actually eaten fruit cake? We figure there is one every year, circling the globe. When it hits our house, we eat it. Seriously, we all love it. So did our parents. I love that James Beard had one in his cookbook - or the New York Times cookbook does - with my real name, spelled right. And it is delicious also.

17. Favorite Christmas song? All of them.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay home for Christmas Day and travel home the next day.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Fido - no.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? An angel I made.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. When the kids were younger they were allowed to open one after the Christmas Eve service.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The commercials.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? All of them.

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Looks like Thanksgiving dinner.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My new computer!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Memes are MEANT to be stolen, and I love that you took this one.

I figure SOMEONE has to love fruitcake, or no one would make it.... right....?

Grin!

ChiTown Girl said...

It's always so fun to read these memes, because it gives you a glimpse into your Bloggy Buddies' "real" personality/life. Thanks for sharing!