Thursday, December 23, 2010

Stress Generator

That could be another name for the principal.

I met a friend for lunch this week = a friend who opted not to come back this year.

We were talking about The Hulk, and the friend started talking about the sheer number f people on various forms of stress reduction: tranqs, booze,whatever.

I have gained weight the past few years. (my response to stress).

Another friend is struggling with ulcerative colitis - it is wrecking havoc with her life.

I need to find another solution to the stress (something more positive than eating) because I want to continue to teach the students I teach.

I guess tar and feathering the Hulk is out of the question.

As I have said before, he has created an environment where no one has his back.

Justice lives.

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

We talk about this same thing all the time at the Hell-Hole. Since I've started working there, I've gained about 60lbs. No, I'm NOT joking. The stress is going to kill me if I don't get out soon.

It's negatively affecting most of my friends, too. The running joke right now is that we'd rather undergo surgery than go to work. One of my closest friends went out in April of last school year for joint replacement surgery, and then took the rest of the year off. Another colleague did the same, but then retired in June. Our preschool teacher has been out since the end of October, although she's dealing with breast cancer. Just this month, my partner in 1st grade has been out since the first week of December because she had knee replacement surgery, and won't be back until at least February. One of our upper grade teachers went out about the same time, also for surgery. The last week of school, one of our middle-school teachers also took off, and I was told he'll be having surgery while we're on break, so I don't know when he'll be back. It's crazy!! My brother is trying to convince to find a surgery I can have, too. :)

Ricochet said...

How's your appendix? Tonsils?

ChiTown Girl said...

Sadly, my tonsils were removed when I was 4. However, I think this God-awful cough I've had for about 5 weeks now has given me a hernia (and I'm being completely serious about that) so maybe I can have surgery for that? There's always liposuction!! ;-)

Ricochet said...

I think those who dish out the stress out to have it dished on them.

In my case, he may make the next couple of months hell, but I think that will be it.

Pissedoffteacher said...

You both have my sympathies. I am lucky that even though the principal is on my s-list right now, he is basically a good guy and one you can talk to and who listens.