Saturday, April 3, 2010

You have to wonder about some people

We went shopping today. Son needed shorts and Kohl's was having a sale.

I hate shopping.

So, while he tried on clothes. And tried on clothes. And tried on clothes. I got bored. There were all kinds of clothes dumped on racks near the changing rooms, an obvious sign that the economy is not good. There aren't usually that many and I will bet they have fewer employees to put them away.

I mentioned I was bored, didn't I?

So I gathered up clothes and played the memory game, putting them away where they belong. If I couldn't find the correct rack, I had to bring it back (and that only happened with one dress). My son even got in the spirit. He must have been bored as well.

I must have put away about 30 outfits in addition to the ones son didn't want when I see a woman pulling the extra clothes off the rack where they had been stashed and dumping them on the ground. I guess they were in her way.

It didn't take very long for an employee to show up with an additional rack, and the customer KEPT DUMPING THE CLOTHES ON THE GROUND EVEN WHEN SHE WAS POLITELY ASKED NOT TO.

She has to be related to the mother Jane Goodwin observed at KMart.

Happy thought: as we arrived a nice gentleman called us to his car and gave us a coupon worth 15% off (he was leaving). See - there are more good people than crumb-bums. (I count myself as one of the good ones and son as well).

I am stealing the label from Ms. Goodwin because it is too perfect.

I am striving to be nice, to focus on that side of life. I am feeling like the masculine bovine soil enrichment of human behavior is becoming the focus and I am losing sight of the daffodils.

WHile I am a work in progress, sometimes I think I giving God too much to work with.

1 comment:

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

It seems like, more and more, these people are EVERYWHERE!

As for the label: feel free! And thanks for the link!