Thursday, April 15, 2010

Don't get it

* Girl lets a boy run his hand up her leg in class, knowing I can see, and shrugs when I reprimand him.

* Another girl had a boy put his hand on her breast in the hall. (I cannot make this stuff up). I called her mother - who put me on speaker phone - and the kid denies anyone touched her today and said I was hallucinating. I don't know the boy anc cannot write him up.

I am an old time, forever, down to my soul feminist. I have seen women come so far since I was that age and this irritates the crap out of me. Who are these girls to cheapen themselves so much that they permit these jackaninny boys to act like this? I don't get it.

* while I am teaching, preparing for a test, I have one student walk up during my lecture to say that he needs to talk to me (not now), a girl interrupt me to ask where I keep my paper (not now - and why didn't you bring some?) and then go back to sharpen a pencil WHILE i AM TALKING.

I don't get it.

6 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

We don't have much hanky panky going on in full sight (we're a very, very small school), but the last bullet? OY! Sit down, shut up, and ATTEND TO WHAT WE'RE DOING! No, you may not go to your locker to get a snack. No, you may not go and interrupt ANOTHER teacher's class (not to mention the interruption you're causing to this one) to ask him a question. No, you may not bring up something "slightly off topic." GAH!!

Mr. W said...

The girl's don't say anything because the boys "love" them and they are in love with the boys :-)

our schools PDA's have gone down a lot over the past few years. You still see some, but not as much.

http://dkzody.wordpress.com said...

You must be teaching at my school and even have my students.

Teacha said...

are you a fly on the wall in my classroom?

I can't believe the denial of this mother! She must be living in a fantasy world. I think parents don't want to deal with these issues in their children, so the easiest solution is that the teacher is crazy. Hopefully you had a "side bar" conversation with the child?

Ricochet said...

Ms. Teacha: The mother was fine - she believed me and told me to "grab the boy the next time it happens until the office can get there." Of course, I cannot do this.

Teacha said...

oops, i misread. I thought it was the parent who denied anything happened--it was the child. *sigh* I guess that's my 8th grade reading level today! LOL!

Thanks for clarifying, ricochet.