Thursday, April 22, 2010

The end is coming!

There are students whose parents I am emailing daily to point out the kid isn't passing and therefor will not graduate unless he gets off his butt and does the work I have now given him 12 times. Ok, I don't word it exactly that way.

There is a student who was in my room calling his mommy to tell her he will not graduate because he failed a required class last semester and this and oh, two other classes so he cannot finish until December. I have emailed mom (they aren't my classes) but she didn't have time for a conference. He comes every tenth day and has for 2 years.

Gave a group test yesterday so that the slower kids (who are not trying) can get out of my repeater class. One refused to work in a group. Oh, well. He was one of the reasons for the decision to do a group test.

It goes on and on. Had to pull a kid out of another class (with the teacher's permission) so that he could copy the information off the board before I erased it. He was too busy playing to do it in class and, yes, is a senior failing my class.

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHH

And funsucker got into a screaming match with one of the special ed kids (so very professional, don't you think) and he retaliated by cussing, thus raising the intellectual level of my class. And there is nothing I can do about either one.

No comments: