Friday, April 2, 2010

language

I hate the language my students use. If it isn't ghetto where it sounds SOOOOO uneducated it is just foul. I hate the n word and the other words that proliferate.

Today someone said bullcrap. I said watch your mouth. They said it wasn't cussing. I said you all have so perverted the English language that you miss the richness of it. So much of what they say is just common and I want some variety.

I wrote up my best write up ever today. It was just for a phone, but the drama was awe-inspiring. She threw herself on the floor and kicked her heels, she whined and wailed, she had to be dragged out of the room (really!). I told the class I may have to write her up every week just for the entertainment.

3 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

Thank you for all your posts this week. You are really helping me enjoy my vacation and enjoy being away from all that stuff.

Ricochet said...

:P My vacation started today and the kids have been showing that by their behavior.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You too? I get so sick of the foul language spewing out of my students' mouths that some days I don't even want to open the door to my classroom! The seventh-grade boys are the worst. I was told when I came to this school that profanity is common in the homes of these kids. So what? Enough's enough!