Monday, April 19, 2010

Many a truth is said in sarcasm

I wrote about the darkling jackal and said he had no heart. I was, of course, being sarcastic.

I was apparently telling the truth. Today the class was talking about someone who OD'd and was rushed to the hospital. It was said several times that she may not make it. (She, name unknown, is unknown to the members of the class)

Darkling listened for awhile then said "Her family should hurry up and divide her belongings." Stunned faces turned toward him. "What? You said she wouldn't make it. I wonder if she left any money and who gets it."

I repeat: she was unknown to anyone in the class. It isn't as if Darkling would profit from her death.

On a positive note, one of my other (normal) students managed to get some work out of sweetie. It only took a little bribe. I am proud.

No comments: