Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Some kids can't help themselves

1) Kid is wandering the hall (from my room) in search of a bathroom (hint, it is across the hall from my room) when he is apprehended by Mr. Hulk who is actually out in the hall. Kid naturally mouths off. Mr. Hulk walks said kid to my room with the admonition that he is not to leave the classroom. Ever.

2) Kid who has been out for 2 weeks suspension, cuts a class to interrupt mine.

3) Kid is asked his name. Says he doesn't have one. AP asks his name. He gives one. It alas is not his. AP knows him.

4) Kid is just back from suspension. He asks to go to the bathroom and goes to the gym instead. Since he has a reputation at this point, the coach squeals on him.

5) Kid who perennially wanders the hall insists on being outside my door, even though he KNOWS I tell whatever teacher he is supposed to be with where he is.

6) Kids cusses a blue streak outside my door. When I finally see him with an adult (so I can get his name), he is with one of his coaches who is already chastising him for poor choices. The good news in this one is that, since the coach was already there, kids had to listen to me explain why I was annoyed, that I could write him up, how his choices affect other people, AND that now I know his name.

7) Kid finds a pocketknife in his bookbag. He knows the zero tolerance policy. He tells his friends he has a knife.

8) This school enforces the moment of silence. You are to be quiet and, if you are still in the hall, you have to stop. Girl is walking past the Resource Officer when the moment of silence is called. He says stop. She keeps going and mouths off. He grabs her arm and jerks her into the lockers, but she stops. When it is over, she complains - oh the look he gave her.

9) Teacher uses her own phone to call a student's phone during class because the student cannot find it. Phone is found later. Student calls the number because a) she forgot it was the teacher's phone number during the next class because b) she is completely unable to stop using her phone c) she is stupid. Teacher writes girl up for using her phone during class. Student argues that she was at home. She unfortunately left school without signing out.

10) Mother tells her son to make good decisions, that one bad one could determine the course his life takes. The next day he is arrested for participating in a gang-initiation that consisted of beating another boy in a school bathroom.

11) Student is in detention but doesn't come to school (well, doesn't come to any classes or detention). Student is actually in school, banging on doors and running away. If I was cutting school, why would I come to school to bang on doors?

12) I won't mention all of the kids who KNOW I know their names and insist on being outside my door when they are supposed to be elsewhere.

13) Kids cut a hole in the lid of a water bottle, then squirt each other's pants with water so they look like they wet themselves.


Here's your sign.

4 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

I know, I know. We can't MAKE this shit up.

A Phillie Teacher said...

hahahaha! I just loved your list. We've seen all of these in one way or another.

It deserves to be enshrined in a Teacher's Hall of Fame.

Thanks for making my day.

Teacha said...

wow. . .just, wow. I thought this stuff only happened at my school in my district. I might as well stay where I am.

Midwest Teacher said...

This kind of crap happens at my school too -- completely lame.