Saturday, March 6, 2010

More cuts coming

* DeKalb is saying it will offer contracts with either furlough days or paycuts. I read that to say you can come to school during planning but we won't pay for your time. The cuts are 6+%. For a 190 day contract (180 days of teaching and 10 pre and post planning days) that means 12 days of no pay.

* Fulton is saying it is cutting 1000 jobs: all parapros for grades 1-3, the band and orchestra in elementary school and (wait for it) 35 jobs at the district. There are 12000 jobs in Fulton schools, 972 are in the district office - and they can spare 35.

BTW 25 of those jobs have no people in them at this time, so they will only be reducing the amount of money by the 10 who are employed.

I wonder what our contracts will look like?

2 comments:

Donnetta said...

What county are you in?

I'm in Forsyth.

Ricochet said...

If I wanted to identify the county, I would have done so.

I live and work in the metro area.

I prefer to leave it at that.

I think all of the counties are going thru difficulties. I have friends working in at least 6 of the counties so I use tales from all of them.