Thursday, March 11, 2010

I teach elementary school

I thought I taught high school. I mean these rather large humans who act like they own the world tell me they are adults. They tell me that we are peers and I cannot tell them what to do.

But, I have to walk some of them to the bathroom because they are not allowed out in the hall by themselves. Apparently they cannot find their way to the bathroom and back to class by themselves. So, the administrators have dictated that certain ones cannot go out of the classroom alone.

I had one go to the gym and shoot baskets while on a bathroom break. He kept saying he didn't til he slipped and forgot the story.

I feel like I am teaching kindergartners. These kids will not stop talking. They will not do work. I feel like I should offer them snack time, recess and nap time.

Sheesh.

When I was their age (back in the Dark Ages) I wanted nothing more than to be treated like an adult. But it meant I acted like one as well.

No comments: