Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A little stress with your coffee?

I get to school in the morning with my own list of things I had to do. I don't know about you, but I usually have a couple of things to do which is why I get there early.

I can make copies, prepare the work for the kids in detention, make sure I have the correct date on the board - little stuff that helps me get my head together to teach.

I get there today and there is an email from Ms. HighMaintenance. Could I please make 90 copies each of three handouts that were attached to the email or on her desk. Because of leaving early for the snow day, she just didn't get her copies made for her sub. And she is so stressed out.

Well, they weren't attached to the email. And her door was locked.

They finally unlocked her door. I found the things to be copied. No paper. You do know we buy our own? So I go get mine and - now there is a line at the copier.

So I wait. And wait. And wait. And finally make copies. And email her that she owes me half a ream of paper.

I would be more understanding if this was the first. Or second. Or third time this had happened.

Then Funsucker (who demanded that she be allowed to teach today) didn't want to teach today, had to do special education paperwork.

3 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

You are too good. I would not have done Ms. High Maintenance's work.

Ricochet said...

Everyone else was in a training. I am the orphan. And the kids would have suffered. And now I can make her stress even worse!

institutrice said...

Sounds like my grade partner flaking out on the copying. I can't take it anymore! What to do though, what to do... Us responsible people are just dumb suckers.