Monday, October 25, 2010

We have lost our collective minds

Or at least, some of us have.

I heard a colleague warn another to be careful about posting a particular situation on FB - so guess what was just posted on FB?

I had people in my room observing the class that is either supposed to set me up for failure - or the kids that were put in there. And I am sure I will hear how I am not going deep enough - when I cannot get the kids to grasp the surface level.

I am supposed to deal with crap in my inbox - but the server is down.

I am so tired of hearing things in my class room that are completely inappropriate and not related to what I teach. I'd write the kids up but first I have to talk to the parents - and I really don't want to tell the parents that their child said (loud enough for the entire class to hear) "You lick her butt hole?"

I am tired of kids who think the rules don't apply to them - but I really don't want to spend all my free time writing them up........

What happened to just coming and learning?

2 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

That is exactly why I don't write up all the kids I should--too time consuming and nothing is done about the situation.

Anonymous said...

I teach pre-k and when those children become disruptive, I put them in the 'thinking chair" until they are ready to settle down.
If the behavior was severe enough, (believe it or not, I had some wacky ones), they went on an individualized behavior system.

Too bad, thinking chairs do not work in HS. My kids used to cry and say, "Oh, I made her mad. Now she is mad at me."