Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Really? I mean, really? Part deaux

I gave a test in one of the classes I share, using the term loosely, with Funsucker. It took her the usual 20 minutes (no, I am not exaggerating) to decide who to take. This is AFTER I said "If you went last time, go now." I thought that would speed it along.

Nope.

So, she finally leaves and we start the test. Within five minutes, one of the students shows up again. "Maniac [not a special ed student] is acting up and disturbing our group."

Really, now he's disturbing my group.

"What does Funsucker want me to do?" I mean, I can't leave the bulk of the students to deal with a problem. The student looked at me.

Then I said the best thing. (I really wish Funsucker had been there to hear it. I mean, she's the one who keep saying she has more experience than me.) "She's the teacher. She needs to deal with it."

Nope, she sent him back to my room. I told him he was not going to bother the people taking a test because that would be rude.

He is never, never, never, NEVER, leaving my room again. I need to remember to tell him that tomorrow. And Funsucker.

I do not know how to speed her up so we don't waste so much time each test. I have asked her to make decisions the day before. I have made the decisions. NOTHING WORKS.

She is just a funsucker.

No comments: