Saturday, October 9, 2010

Six Word Saturday



Recovery begins when you show up.


For more Six Word Saturday participants, click here.

Of course, I am talking grade recovery here, but it would hold true for any recovery.

A student said this week (in her truly pompous tone to another student) "the first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem" to which I replied (not that I was invited into the conversation) "No, the first step is showing up."

I have kids who have missed 60% (and more) of their time in class. I have about 1/3 failing - and most have attendance issues. And let us not even speak of work ethic.

2 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Hmm...I have kids who show up and do nothing. What do you make of that?

Joanie said...

Lord, I could never be a teacher! God bless those of you who are!