Monday, October 11, 2010

Losing your mind? Come teach

Today I read two articles: One in the Nashville Tennessean and then another in the Atlanta Journal and Constitution. The detail a 15 year math teacher who lost it while teaching.

I use the term "teaching" loosely. Not that he isn't trying, but the kids are talking. As is pointed out in one of the comments, we are watching this halfway through. Something has already happened that caused the kid to turn on his phone and start recording.

I feel for this teacher. I have no feelings for the students. They know little and will now know even less.

These are much like my students. I actually had a kid today tell me I was rude for interrupting her. Let's see: I was trying to teach the same lesson I have tried to teach for the past three days and she was talking about which students are pregnant. Which topic do YOU think will be on the state test?

Then her mother hung up on me when I called to talk about grades.

I think I will schedule my breakdown. The way things are going at our school, I'll bet there is a list and a form I need to fill out.

No comments: