Saturday, October 16, 2010

Disappointed

Last year a student made a stupid choice, was arrested, and suspended from school and did not graduate. He had been accepted in college, but could go because he didn't finish high school.

He was back at high school this year, had gotten reaccepted by the college, just needed to finish high school and go on his merry way.

I was reading the list of arrests this morning and his name is on it again for theft.

What a stupid choice.

Talk about not learning the lesson.......

I had been willing to help him finish figuring he had learned his lesson. I guess he is still looking for the easy way out. With half a semester of hs to go, I am thinking he will either drop out (having spent his college tuition on bond and fines) or he will do this electronically and finally go to college.

When I saw him back at school I walked up to him and said "It is good to see you again" and he thought I was being sarcastic. I know I looked confused when I asked him why he would think that. What kind of a life must he have had when even normal remarks are perceived that way?

2 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

It must be something you or some other teacher did to traumatize him. After all, everything is the fault of teachers and if your school is unionized, it is the fault of the union.

Ricochet said...

No unions in Georgia education.

The 2 "unions" provide insurance and lobby, and diddly squat else.