Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Parking Wars

I was watching Parking Wars (because it was on and I was folding clothes). One scene had a woman going to claim her car that was towed when she was driving without a license. So, she goes to claim it and they tell her it has to be towed by a private firm or she has to transfer title to someone else. (Remember, she doesn't have a license).

She argued, she called it a city scam, she demanded a supervisor (several times - they all gave the same answer). But, she didn't get her car.

Then I watched a car get booted for multiple tickets. While he is getting booted, he drives off, hitting 3 vehicles, damaging the boot, hit and run - AND he still owes for the tickets.

Then I saw several people cuss out a meter maid. She laughed and said, "I'm older. He's a baby who just learned to cuss. I wonder what his mother would say?"

I felt like I was watching my dear students in a year or so. Lord, I hope they get smarter.

No comments: