Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Games

I suck at games, particularly games in the classroom. Here are two:

1) Matching.
The way it was presented was calculus: each team was given 10 graphs, 10 first derivatives (as sign graphs) and 10 second derivatives (as sign graphs). As a team, you had to match them

I can see this for identifying transformations, basic graphs (match the graph to the point slope form of the equation, etc) - and probably many other applications. Keeper.

2) review game
This one used a smartboard (which of course we don't have and I covet)Throw a koosh ball at the smartboard and a review question appears. You could do the same thing other ways (random number generator or something) as an exam review or even problem of the day.

3 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

throwing a ball at screen? sounds great. I thinkI am going to have a smart board in Sept. I'll try it.

As for the matchng game, I saw that one at workshop I took.

glad you are having fun.

Ricochet said...

There is a screen available with the smartboard that has circles on it - then somehow (I will ask tomorrow) you "hang" questions on each circle.

Kim Hughey said...

Please, please, please find out how to do the smartboard thing. I loooove my smartboard and can't imagine life without it, but I need to keep learning new ways to use so that it doesn't just become a fancy chalkboard!

Throwing things at the smartboard would make my kiddos go crazy with joy!