Sunday, June 13, 2010

How many of you know what you are teaching next year?

Our principal - having control issues - likes to tell us in July what we will be teaching in August.

This gets to be fun when you are handed something you have never taught before.

(I have mentioned we have no books, haven't I?)

He thinks this is reasonable because he was told we he reported for the teacher days before the start of school which English course he'd be teaching.

When are you told what you'll teach in the coming year?

3 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

Contract calls for us to be told some time in June, our new school year starts in September. But, we are usually given a list of classes that has no resemblance to what we will really be teaching and are told changes are due to programming. It is all a pile of BS. Last year, the kids found out before we did by checking their programs on line. I really laced into principal for that and he apologized, promised it would never happen again. Want to be it does?

Mrs. Chili said...

Do you have ANY idea what I'd give to know what I'm teaching next year?! GAH! I found out what I was teaching at the start of February's term on January 19th (no, really - I looked it up on my blog). I have no illusions about knowing what I'm going to teach until the end of July - possibly the second week in August (we start the new school year in the last week of August). Frankly, I'd LOVE if my admin had that kind of control issue...

Kim Hughey said...

I am teaching 3 algebra I and 3 math models. We found out the first of May. We don't know conference periods yet, but our schedule is pretty set in stone. At my old school, we didn't know until 1-2 weeks before school. They are much more organized here.