Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm getting itchy

I know I can clean house. I know I can read education books. I could go to the movies, go for a walk, visit, write letters . . .

I want to start doing specific planning. I want to know what I am teaching. (Imagine me acting like a 2 year old, kicking on the ground.)

I don't know what the difficulty is. I really truly don't know why an administration that is so devotedly OCD refuses to plan ahead so that the school would reflect the same perfection he touts all the time.

It is getting to be really difficult. He will not release information until it is almost too late to do things - which is a form of perfection - the kind that leads to procrastination.

I honestly believe that he is incapable of understanding that there is a difference between Algebra 1 and Trigonometry and that knowing one doesn't make you prepared for the other.

1 comment:

Pissedoffteacher said...

Last year the kids told me what I was teaching before my AP did. They found out by finding their programs online. I bitched to the Principal and he promised it would not happen again. I do not believe him, we'll have to wait and see.