Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Remember: we want the same things

I am always amazed at how divisive politics can be. I know the political beliefs of lots of the blogs I read - if you don;t say it directly, you hint at it. Some don't.

I don't see joy in a divided government.

I think we want the same things - we just see different ways of getting there. We want our children to have a better life than we have. We want to enjoy the fruits of our labors. We want to feel safe when we leave our homes. We want to feel safe in our homes.

I want my students to learn to think, to graduate, and to be productive citizens. It bothers me when I listen to them and realize they understand the rules of jail better than the rules in class.

I know some cannot graduate because of the decisions they make every. single. day.

I hope we all can find some joy and work together.

I may need to think some more about what I want. I find I have difficulty expressing it.

No comments: