Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day - good and bad

* Lost a student because he has made a stupid decision (as teenagers do) and has been expelled.

* wrote up students for tardies and skipping class. Yep, love that. (not)

* tried to teach a class that will not stop talking. Have started teaching the 4 who are listening.

* Had a boy ask if he passes all his classes can he play sports again. I answered yes, again. So now he is done fooling around and will learn (yeah, right).

* Yesterday another class was talking about candy and talking about their favorite candy bar. I said Carmello - they brought me one today.

3 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

My AP thinks we should stop teaching until everyone is quiet--that you should be able to hear a pin drop in the room. Right! Even the principal agrees this is impossible.

My husband doesn't understand why I need quiet when I get home.

Ricochet said...

I would never teach if I had to wait until they are quiet.

I do lower my voice and speak softly - otherwise I would be yelling at them all the time. I refuse.

ChiTown Girl said...

mmmm...Carmello!

That's all I got. I decided I just can't spend anymore energy on school stuff tonight. My body can't take the stress. :(