Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Where should the focus be?

Curmudgeon says: "When I compare students and programs, talk with ex-students, visit colleges and speak with professors and admissions, converse with tradesmen and businessmen, I find one thing across the board. Success in college, life and careers is correlated more closely with schools that stressed facts and knowledge first and then blended in communication, information, literacy and critical thinking skills. Any school that tried to do it the other way invariably and ultimately did a disservice to its students."

I am so tired of hearing that the way I was taught was wrong, that we need to investigate the math. The kids I teach do not do well that way. They so need the facts they have never been taught or held accountable for.

No comments: