Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Tday

John Spencer has written a lovely post on why he is thankful he is a teacher. I came to my blog to write something, but his is better.

I love being able to talk. (No joke, I love it - and I forgive most of my student-talkers because I get it!!)

I love explaining the math and making it easier to understand. Some people just need it simplified to understand it and then move forward.

Some can't get it even then.

I even like (not love) the challenge of trying to make teaching with Funsucker work. Things are better, but I feel it is the calm before the storm.

I am not so thankful for the organizational STUFF I struggle with.

I love reading the things I have the kids write - but not enough to move away from the math. I am thinking of ways to incorporate more writing with more learning.

I love the challenge of teaching my favorite subject to people for whom it is not a favorite subject.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I want to laugh more, get angry less, be more organized and chill more.

Life is too serious to take seriously.

4 comments:

http://dkzody.wordpress.com said...

Amen to that last line. Enjoy each moment. It's all we've got. Happy Thanksgiving.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I have the same wants as you. We are kindred spirits. Too bad we live so many states apart.

Ricochet said...

But I am grateful to the Internet for introducing me to the kindred spirits I would otherwise never meet.

Have a great Tday, PO!!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

One of the reasons I teach is because I'm a talker too--but I do NOT appreciate it when my students talk when I'm talking! (Who does? We ALL want to be the center of attention, don't we?)