Friday, November 20, 2009

Learning about my kids

I made them write - well, only if they owe me work. This is quiz grade stuff that I am tired of trying to frag out of them. They still owe me enough math to justify this.

A page about them for each thing they owe me. And not everyone does. Some follow directions and do what they are supposed to when they are supposed to.

I learned about:
· A dead father
· A dead brother
· A dead mother
· Being sent to live with another family member because “I was bad.”
· Having to spend time away from school translating for a parent who doesn’t speak English and was in trouble
· Lots about jail time
· Being in foster care
· Stupid decisions made while in foster care that led to jail time

I may have to do more of this kind of activity - and do in next year earlier.

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

Yikes, that's rough. But, I'm sure you're seeing those kids through new eyes now.