Sunday, September 27, 2009

Really? I mean, really?

Just got an email from Ms. Fullofherself asking me to plan the 1st two units. (she didn't volunteer to take either of the ones I have) because she has too much on her plate. And her talent lies in editing and evaluating. (Meddling and backbiting? Second guessing?)

I told her she had to take one of the other two, that I had no interest in doing all of the work.

I wanted to say it is easy to critique someone else's work rather than doing something of your own.

As far as I can tell, she never does the work on her own, just criticizes others.

(We have to do unit plans. They came up with this idea a couple of years ago and we did the plans - then no one read them. The administration was complaining about the quality of the work we give them - well, why bother when it appears that no one does anything with it? Now we're being told to do it again - AAAARRRGGGHHHH! And she just agreed to the part she wanted WHICH WAS THE EASIEST PART 'CAUSE WE JUST TAUGHT IT!!)

DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT,DOCUMENT.

I have decided that I don't care to do it on the form her chair wants - that's her problem. I will document in a log, where I can put print screens of the email (showing date and time and content).

I used to have a little statue of a man with a large screw through his middle. "Work diligently and you will be aptly rewarded." Why does it not make me happy that Mr. Hulk keeps saying we should work diligently?

No comments: