Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dialogue with a student

Klaus came in today, completely bent out of shape and said :I am disappointed in you!" "Why?"
K: You keep writing me up for having my pants low!!
R: So - pull them up.
K: It's not the 1940s!!
R: It is the dress code.

He then preceded to say he was writing the Board of Education. Fine. I wrote the addresss on the board and said spell all the words right. He said - I'm going to write it in slang. "OK - they will ignore you. He thought for awhile.

Then he said "I have a typewriter."

Really? I was quite impressed.

Yep, I have a computer.

Oh, you have a keyboard. (I guess I am still impressed that he had ever heard of a typewriter.)

He then had the following conversation with a friend in the class:

K: I am drinking a quart of water an hour.
Other Boy: When is your court date?
K: Tomorrow.
OB: When did you last inhale?
K: Two days ago.

Methinks that isn't enough water.

No comments: