Friday, December 4, 2009

Be on time or you get a letter in your permanent file

I ran across a note today from one of the first faculty meetings: We don't treat all teachers as a group, so don't punish a class because one or two students misbehave.

We had a meeting yesterday where we were all reprimanded because a couple (unspecified number) of teachers don't clock in on time.

Most (because they have been kvetching) didn;t clock in on time because they were on campus doing schoolwork and 1) didn't get to the office 2) got to the office, it was locked, they didn't get back in time or 3) one or two were late getting to campus because they had to run school errands (something for the athletic department) before school.

The meeting sounds like we are all late, fooling around, wasting time, cheating the school district.

Sure wish they would practice what they preach.

3 comments:

apple said...

i got a letter in my file in February of last year for being 4 minutes late to an unannounced staff meeting, where i walked in to the entire staff applauding, for me, for voluntarily modernizing our antiquated paper progress report system to an online one. i was promised by the union that the letter would be removed at the end of the school year, but with the letter in hand, the principal looked at me and said, "I'd better find out more about the reasons for this letter's appearance in the first place." the letter stays, to this day, and i no longer volunteer to do anything beyond my contractual obligations. lesson learned.

Ricochet said...

My principal loves to belittle teachers in meetings. I have learned my lesson as well. Whenever I feel the urge to volunteer I write it in the notebook I take to every meeting, write loss next to it (his loss), and I am done.

What an idiot you must have to be in order to lead teachers.

http://dkzody.wordpress.com said...

Our staff is always being yelled at because of a few teachers who don't do what they are supposed to do.

We now have to sign these convoluted, printed attendance sheets (even though we take roll electronically) because some teachers have not done a good job and the auditor will ding the whole school for missed attendance taking. So we have all these sheets of paper floating around every week. What was the point of doing attendance online?