1) I have Funsucker for two classes again. I asked for nothing other than to not have her.
2) New first year teacher has higher level classes than I do (OK, I am petty and jealous but when I have a kids tell me that subtraction is too hard - and she is a senior - I am not being challenged.)
3) They are looking for their 3rd shop teacher. The first left before preplanning started. The second walked out the first day of school.
4) Three science teachers announced they are pregnant and due between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
5) The math chair announced to me this morning (but was overheard) that she is not responsible for holding the hands of the two never-taught-before teachers that we just hired.
6) Just called 6 students - per the rules - and none of the numbers worked.
7) I asked the teacher who has taught the courses I teach (she taught them last year too) to help me as I had a horrible weekend that I couldn't get out of. I asked her to come up with lesson plans. Monday morning she greets me with the comment "I am sooooo stressed." Well, you know what? I am too when you don't do what you said you would. This is the one who emails me the day she is out to make copies - no more.
Joe Berrios recycles.
6 hours ago