Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It is amazing

It is amazing that someone you admire can say one sentence and destroy all feelings you have for them. I am not a big fan of The Hulk - you would know that if you read this blog and when I stop being as irritated as I am about today's meeting I will roast him again.

One of the teachers who teaches AP courses was talking about a big fubar at the end of last year. I asked what happened. Well, the syllabus didn't get approved by AP so the AP course kids had taken all year had to be changed to an honors course in June.

I asked "so, The Hulk forgot to send it in?" which seemed odd as we have AP courses in several disciplines and have had under the Hulk for several years.

Nope, says the excuse for an AP teacher, he didn't write it.

I am floored.

The way AP courses work, for those who do not know, is that the teacher has to produce a syllabus which is then approved by the principal and then sent to AP. If AP approves it (called the audit process) you have an AP course.

Do you see how the principal doesn't write the syllabus.

What an ass - and I do NOT mean the Hulk this time.

3 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

The principal does not have to see the AP syllabus before it is sent in. In fact, I never gave mine to the prinicpal or anyone in my school. It is the teacher's responsibility. On the other hand, there is paper work that goes with it that is the administration's responsiblity so Hulk might be guilty of not doing that part. And, someone in administration should have known it was never approved.

Ricochet said...

Some of this may be the administration's fault - but the teacher took 2 APSI and should have listened about the audit. It is the teacher's fault.

I have finally gotten my list of students. I have no time to deal with it now - but I have two different and incompatable classes schedules at the same time. I emailed guidance.

Theresa Milstein said...

That seems like a big thing to fail to do. And what about the students who want to take AP? Crazy.