Saturday, July 31, 2010

Six Word Saturday



Plan today to have success tomorrow.


For more Six Word Saturday participants, click here.

With school starting a week from Monday, I do not know how many students I will be teaching. I have several repeater classes - again - and would like to be spending the time looking in software we have to see where they are weak.

I have 3 co-taught classes again - but don't know if any are with Funsucker - or if it will be an easy year.

My friends are telling me their schedules are still changing. Mine hasn't in a month so I feel sure that I know that.

I am teaching a new (to me) course and tried to talk with the people who taught it last year. Everything is in their head and they have no schedule they can email me, except vague information that they would like to start with some unit other than 1.

We added several new teachers to our department. They have taught before, but not in high school. (Our students will be an adjustment). Again, they know the math, but not the way we are being told to teach it. I met them this week and passed on information I had. This should be something the department chair does.

When did PLAN become a four-letter word?

Our current principal has been here for 3 years and hasn't met AYP any of them. Add that to the fun.

4 comments:

Lola said...

Hi again,

My six for you:

Hope all goes well for you.

Hope you manage to have nonetheless a restful weekend,

LOLA:)

PS Mine this time is
HERE. Hope you can stop by.

Hootin Anni said...

No truer words can be spoken!!

Hey? That's 6 words!

3-d & A LETTER FROM GOD [written by a dog]

http://dkzody.wordpress.com said...

You must not be in California, otherwise your staff and principal would be moved. Our district had 3 of those failing schools on the list and they now have new staff to start the year, along with new rules and longer school days. Let's see how this works.

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Sounds like our typical GA school systems to me...Good luck!