Monday, July 12, 2010

Hybrid Schedule

How many of you have a hybrid schedule? This is our third year. It is a mix of yearlong, semester long and block classes. The point is to enable the students to fail more classes and still graduate on time.

What, you say. Surely there is a higher level reason? Surely, you don't jump through all these hoops just to enable lousy scholarship? Not that I can see.

On paper, I have two preps. Not unreasonable.

In actuality, since some are year long and some are repeater and some are block, in the fall I will have 6 preps.

By that, I mean that overall I have 2 preps that I have to do: lessons, tests, daily questions, start ups, etc. But my classes will be in six different places at any given point.

It is overwhelming to look at, so I have gone back to focusing on the two preps. If I can get those done, sifting them into the six preps should (in theory) be easy.

Do write when I enter the asylum.

No comments: