Sunday, July 18, 2010

I realize money isn't everything

I am very frustrated at this point. I am trying to work with people who seem incapable of working as a team. The severe lack of resources is just the icing on the cake.

Yep, big gripe coming.

It took half the summer to find out what I'd be teaching.

When I finally found out, I tried for a week to get in touch with Mr. Luddite, who taught this same course last year. Cut and paste is literal for Mr. Luddite, as he cannot use the computer for much more than emailing, which he religiously does at 2 pm every Sunday afternoon.

So, it takes a week to get a response.

He wants to meet this week to answer a question I asked 2 weeks ago, because it is convenient for him. If you saw my last post it is not convenient for me.

We are supposed to plan together - that being the idea behind all the crap, er, stuff we are to do to improve at our school.

I will plan and adjust - or do my own thing.

A book would give structure. The state does as well - but Mr. Luddite cannot download those things.

Apparently the plan is to not plan but figure it out day by day.

I think I will slit my wrists and get it over with.

1 comment:

Pissedoffteacher said...

No planning for me over the summer--it's jsut not worth the effort. I guarantee that any course I plan for will be changed anyway.

Hope you are out enjoying yourself.