Saturday, July 10, 2010

Scheduling the new year.

I know that it is a major job to schedule the classes for 100 teachers (give or take) and 2000 students (give or take), but when you have someone doing it who 1)has difficulty planning ahead 2)cannot take constructive criticism and 3)doesn't see the big picture, oy vey!

The schedules started appearing this week. I have a few minor errors (which are to be expected) but yesterday I noticed I am teaching a class 3rd period 1st semester and the 2nd half of it 5th period 2nd semester(call it A). Which is - odd - but ok. Except that 5th period all year I am teaching another (completely different) class.

So I emailed the APIC (asst principal in charge) to let him know that A needs to be moved. I know he gets prickly when you tell him anything. He would rather you be quiet that tell him there is an issue with a student's schedule. It's ok if the kids gets screwed, don't email.

So, I groveled, figuring he wouldn't want any comments.

He emailed back - the schedule is correct. So I pointed out I have 2 conflicting classes at the same time 5th period second semester and nothing 2nd period second semester. So, now he'll get mad.

2 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

My AP gets furious when we make mistakes, but he is allowed to make them. After all, he is a busy man who works very hard and does too much, We peons were put on this earth to obey and serve him.

Ricochet said...

Same here .