Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Must be something in the water. . . .

Had a full house today - all the kids who didn't come back yesterday were there today. Wish they had wanted to learn.

* My homeschool honey has dropped out - I guess it took too much to work with the system.
* One of my students - who refuses to do work - had to be removed from my room by a sheriff. Apparently his schedule has been changed and he didn't like that.
* Another boy (same class) didn't want to do his own work or follow the rules. So, write up.
* Same class, melt down (and I hated the terrible 2s in my own children - and this was a boy) so another write up.
* Same class, telephones out and playing games (write up).
* Same class - profanity. (write up)
* Just called a parent about their child's absences - she's driven to school every day and apparently is skipping.

At a certain point, you just want to pull out a book and read because it would be so much more productive.

The Legislature is coming up with more joy for teachers. Maybe.

3 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

And my group was almost decent today. Maybe the locos have moved south!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

What you experienced yesterday, I experienced today. **sigh**

Madeleine said...

Sounds like my day too. Add our office interrupting a lesson at least once a period with random announcements or to page a kid.

Really makes it hard to keep things going.