Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dip Dip and Swing

I looked at one of my charmers today and noticed a wad in his cheek. (think 5 or 6 pieces of bubblegum) I told him I would ignore the stuff in his cheek as long as he didn't spit on my floor.

Oh, Ricochet, you know I wouldn't spit on your floor, he says. Then he told me that he has spit on several other floors but was righteously indignant for being accused of spitting on those occasions when he didn't spit.

(You do know we're talking about dip here, right? And I have seen it on my floor - but not where he likes to sit, so I suspect another individual.)

This was followed by a discussion about whether or not there is dip in New York City. Our resident New Yorker says no. The class says yes. Anyone want to step in and settle the argument?

3 comments:

Kim Hughey said...

I've never even seen dip in my classroom in Texas! I know some do it outside the class, but I haven't seen it in class.

Ricochet said...

Well, it is a real problem here.

Madeleine said...

For all the stuff the kids at my school get away with, thank god dip isn't one of them!

Thanks to state laws forbidding the use of tobacco, most administrations simply make strict rules against any tobacco products and that's the end of it.