Sunday, February 21, 2010

Blogging

Ms. Milstein talks about why she blogs and what she gets from it.

I met Pissed Off this week. She and her husband were visiting my city so we got together to walk, talk and eat. Over dinner, POd and I started talking teaching again - her husband rolled his eyes and looked at my husband and said something to the effect "they're off again."

Teachers (and bloggers) have to talk about those things that light their fires. Our spouses (fine as they are) get tired, so it was great that both our husbands were given the option of commiserating with a fellow sufferer! I know mine felt as if he wasn't alone in being bored (um, challenged) with the same old school stories.

4 comments:

Theresa Milstein said...

Thanks for linking my post!

Family and friends, no matter how much they try to commiserate, can only understand so much if they're not in the field. That's why I love blogs!

Ricochet said...

And I know my husband says he gets tired of hearing the same thing over and over but, honestly, it's DIFFERENT! Grin.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I hardly talk school to my husband anymore. He doesn't understand and it is just not worth the effort.

Mrs. Chili said...

For me, blogging is as much about collaboration and learning as it is for venting and downloading. I know that I'm limited by my own imagination and my own experiences, so getting input from others with different perspectives is what I'm really after (though it's nice that my particular brand of misery is in good company. It's strangely gratifying to have people comment that they've got students who do the same dumbass things mine do...)