Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A kvetch here, a kvetch there

* I am trying to teach in my class, and I stop to ask the kids to stop talking while I am talking, start teaching again and have to stop because Funsucker is calling out to various kids about something completely unrelated to what I am teaching. In case there was a doubt, I am in the front of the room, talking and writing on the board and she is walking around the back of the room.

Jeesh, do you think there is any disrespect going on?

(I also mentioned in the teaching that part had been taught on Friday because I heard Funsucker teach it.)

* One of my problem students mentioned he was living on his own. I mentioned if he wanted to save money, he might want to share an apartment with a friend of his (whom I also knew was living on his own). Turns out, they are sharing an apartment, so maybe this is good.

* I got 27 emails from a mother over the weekend from the mother of a kid I taught last year, who failed half of the classes last semester because he didn't turn things in. I made some suggestions - and get emails back (where does he turn this in; he needs to borrow art supplies; oh, he just found 10 pieces of work people were looking for...)

Yes, I know why the kids I teach have problems.

No comments: