Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting ready for exams - more

* Student came in today (having cut school the last two days. Her exam is tomorrow). I asked her to work the review (actually, copy the worked review on her sheet, since we went over it in class for 2 days). I look up, she's talking (did I mention she is failing my class?). "Chatty, please stop staring at the paper and copy the review." "I'm not staring at the paper." "Neither are you writing."

* Another student: How can I be failing? I was passing this class! (Yes, 3 weeks ago and you haven't turned in anything since - and I have done 2 tests and 3 quizzes.)

* Gave a review in another class. It said on the bottom: Turn this in for a quiz grade. I worked each problem in class. Half did not turn it in. Of the other half, only 2 got 100.

I can not simplify this stuff enough for them to pass.

No comments: