Sunday, January 24, 2010

GED

Am I biased when I believe that a GED is not the same as a high school diploma?

Is this something your students talk about? A lot?

The local 2 year college has classes which help people earn theirs. Just a few years ago, the only option other than staying in school was to go an hour away. Now, you can go up the street. According to a discussion I overheard this week, you take a couple of tests, they determine where you need help. You take a couple of classes and voila! In a few short months you have a GED "and your diploma" and you can move on.

His mother did this. The family is pushing him to do this. It would be easier than my ridiculously watered down math classes. I mean it is 4 and half months til the end of the year, and you can have a GED in 3 months.

No comments: